Filter by Subcategory
Writing From Memory
with John Forssen
I am thinking most of us are best served writing short pieces, the flesh and bones of which are drawn from our own long memories. They do not need to be autobiographical, but they should draw heavily from our experiences and our subsequent emotional responses. As you might expect, we will be reading and offering hepful comments in class (I do not see myself correcting papers), so each week's offering should be limited to 1,000 words, allowing everone time to present his or her work.
Bring a Book to Zoom
with Arlene Jackson
This course will focus on the author's biography, interpretations of the book, with many active discussions by the students. This experience will be academic and social in nature. The list of books in order of discussion
- American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House by Jon Meacham
- Hamnet by Maggie O'Farrell
- The Cold Millions by Jess Walter
- The Evening and the Morning by Ken Follett
- The Lions of Fifth Avenue by Fiona Davis
- Faithful Place by Tana French
- Arundel by Kenneth Roberts
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Laughs, wisdom, beliefs and questions abound during these two hours of pure delight.