Filter by Category
with Andrea Gleason
Join Andrea Gleason for a gentle 'take it to the mat' Yin Yoga practice. Slow yourself down, quiet your mind and get into your body.
Recommended yoga props: mat yoga blocks, blanket, strap, bolster/firm pillow/rolled up beach towel and props.
By holding poses in a relaxed state, you'll exercise the non-elastic tissues in your body. In other words, your connective tissues: joints, ligaments, tendons, and fascia. Using props to allow you to stop just at your edge of resistance, you will be able to target those cooler components of your body.
Yin Yoga can help to:
- Calm and balance the mind and body
- Regulate energy in the body
- Increase mobility in the body, especially the joints and hips
- Lower stress levels (Phew!)
- Encourage greater stamina
- Enhance lubrication and protection of joints
- Boost your immune system
This class is appropriate for all levels. We will be on the mat for the length of the class.
Andrea Gleason is certified by the Yoga Alliance as a 500 RYT, E-RYT and YACEP. She is also a Master Reiki Practitioner and USATriathlon Coach, Level 1.